On the other side of the world, the fireworks and parties for 2013 celebration have already started (and some have dwindled down to “business as usual”). But on this side, the fireworks are yet to start in a little less than 5 hours, and I’m running out of time to post my last entry for 2012.
So here it is, with 20 minutes to spare, my Fafafoom 2012 in review (in a nutshell) and what’s in store for 2013. Very excited to see the opportunities to come!
8 Most Popular Fafafoom Posts in 2012
Based on these most popular posts, it seems I need to continue going to local fashion shows / events (the student fashion shows continue to be big hits with the readers), store openings, and editorial shoots.
8. EVO 3 Fashion Show
7. MUJI finally opens in San Francisco!
6. Inside Dark Garden Photoshoot
5. Shai White and Danielle Pettee Summer 2012 Collection Debut
4. Fashion On The Square Fashion Show
3. California College of the Arts Students Fashion Show
2. Art Institute of California San Francisco Students Fashion Show
1. BAZAR Fashion Show
I notice that all of these 10 posts happened after I upgraded fafafoom’s look in May 2012. I thank you all very much for choosing to read fafafoom, either it’s 10 seconds or 2 hours or more. You all mean a great deal and sincerely made me going. The Fafafoom Facebook page now hits its milestone of 50 fans and I’m really happy and humbled. Seriously.
What I did not get to post in 2012
I have a full-time job and it’s quite demanding, therefore time is always a factor in choosing battles (don’t we all have the same problem?). But if I had more time, I would make a post or two about the Spring 2013 Fashion Weeks (especially the Academy of Art University’s show in New York FW). Narciso Rodriguez and Thakoon Addition were two of my favorites, and I’m even still catching up on Paris and Tokyo FW on Pinterest. I also wanted to do a post about FIDE Fashion Week last November in Singapore, but the last few months have been crazier than normal and I missed it. I wish I can attend FIDE Fashion Week in person next time :)
What I want to do in 2013
There are so many I want to do beside the obvious of attending fashion shows and events. I have amassed business cards and contact information for local businesses, designers, and brands that I want to feature in Fafafoom. I will start contacting them soon and see how they go. If you want to be featured on Fafafoom, by all means please contact me!
And there are many, many other things. Here’s a short list:
– Do more DIY projects. These posts seem to be more well-received in Facebook and StumbleUpon.
– In that note, post my last two DIY projects that I finished in December :)
– Upgrade Fafafoom’s look (again). I’m obsessed with NYTimes’ The Collection layout and I think it will be better than current look. You’ll see!
– Start a glossi series of my weekday wardrobe, decided within one hour each week and one hour only. Tell me if this is not a good idea :)
– Be more active in Facebook and Twitter to engage with you guys and get more followers. Maybe it’s a good time I get an intern?
– I may travel to Japan this year. If that happens, expect to see MANY pictures and excited stories about it. Fingers crossed!!!
So there you have it! Thank you so much for an awesome 2012, and I hope 2013 will be the best year yet to come for you and those around you. Cheers, Happy New Year 2013!!!
Until next year :)